Creatives - Copy
Reports to: CEO > Head of Creatives > Lead Copywriter
ResponsibilitiesAs a copywriter:
- Writes and/or edits original creative or technical copy for Skyrocket and/or its clients.
- Supports the strategy team in coming up with relevant and marketable content pillars for each brand or campaign.
- Versatile tone and style; adapts to different brand voices for different target markets.
- Multitasks and manages deadlines for projects under multiple clients.
- Manages sharing permissions and follows naming conventions of working files in Google Drive.
- Interprets client requests clearly; emerges from each briefing armed with clear next steps.
- Aligns with approved marketing strategies.
- Supports creative decisions with intelligent marketing rationale.
- Participates in strategy and creative ideation for new pitches or projects.
Key Performance IndicatorsAs a copywriter:
- Grasp of Good English Grammar. How well can the writer conform to basic grammar rules?
- Filipino Writing Skills. How proficient is the writer in conversational Filipino copy?
- Wit, Wisdom, and Emojis. How well-versed is the writer in witty writing — do they know how and when to use emojis, memes, puns, jokes, and literary and pop culture references?
- Headline & CTA Writing. How proficient is the writer in the creation of persuasive headlines, slogans, and CTAs?
- Long-Form Writing. How proficient is the writer in creating easy-to-read, valuable long-form content?
- Platform Best Practices. How versatile is the writer? Can they apply best practices to landing page blurbs, emails, blog posts, ads, and others?
- Brand Voice Adaptability. How well can the writer adapt to different brand voices and tones?
- Clarity & Conciseness. How well is the writer able to “keep it simple” without losing meaning? How well are they able to simplify complex information?
- Editing Skills. How well is the writer able to catch copy errors, whether their own or their teammates’?
- Keyword Mentality. SEO writing — how well does the writer create hashtags and other copy based on the right keywords and search terms?
- Marketing Funnel Mentality. How sensitive is the writer to the marketing funnel? Do they know if they are writing for awareness, interest, intent, evaluation, purchase, or support?
- UX Mentality. How well can the writer interpret a customer journey?
- Strategy Interpretation. How well can the writer understand strategy in order to come up with compelling CTAs and content ideas?
- Research and Technical Writing Skills. How well is the writer able to do deep topical research? Are they able to integrate data and persuasive information into their copy?
- Formatting Skills. How organized is the writer when creating copy that is meant to be presented? Alignment, header usage, bullets and numbered lists, consistent fonts, and font sizes.
- Accountability. How much ownership of tasks does the employee display? Are they able to admit mistakes and uphold commitments?
- Attendance & Punctuality. How punctual and available is the employee during work hours?
- Innovation & Creativity. How smart-working and solution-oriented is the employee?
- Leadership & Collaborativeness. How well can the employee take command of group situations and how well do they work with the rest of the team?
- Communication Skills. How clearly is the employee able to communicate their ideas?
- Willingness to Learn. How much interest does the employee show in learning new things, whether managerial or technical? Does the employee attend internal training sessions and seek out external learning opportunities?
- Presentation Skills. How articulate is the employee when it comes to internal and external presentations? How well can they defend their ideas?
- Independence & Resourcefulness. How efficient is the employee with autonomous tasks?
- A strong portfolio of copywriting for marketing materials, such as for social media
- A competent level of expertise in the Google Suite, especially Google Docs, and ClickUp
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in the same field*
- *For this position, experience is optional. Fresh graduates or undergraduates are welcome to apply; a strong portfolio is the best recommendation.
Apply for this position