Research and Strategy Associate
Research and Strategy
Reports to: Head of Research and Strategy
Responsibilities:Research and Industry Knowledge
- Conduct research and draw insightful conclusions tailored to clients' brand challenges, including but not limited to:
- Profiling competitor marketing, product development, and communications tactics
- Conducting secondary market research for buyer behavior insights and market dynamics.
- Conduct primary market research activities, including but not limited to surveys, 1x1 interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Stay updated on various developments and opportunities around the advertising, digital, creative, technology, marketing, and consulting industries.
- Help create and present ‘intelligence’ reports in audiences and the latest trends such as connected TVs, social media, startups, emerging technology, cause marketing, pop culture, retail shopping, connected devices, internet of things, wearables, content, etc.
- Share knowledge with the team openly and frequently.
- Work with the wider Strategy team, Creatives teams, and the Relationship Management team to assess briefs and challenges., including but not limited to evaluating prospective clients' branding, naming and marketing challenges to feed into the development of strategic brand diagnostics.
- Develop brand and creative briefs to inspire objectives-driven, idea-centric campaigns.
- Translate industry, consumer, competitor, and brand research into incisive human insights.
- Attend reviews, client workshops and immersion sessions as required ensuring that outputs support the development of client strategies.
- Collaborate with our Creatives Teams to develop engaging brand narratives that are distinctive, relevant, and credible - and go beyond functional features and benefits.
- Bring forward opportunistic ideas proactively to take advantage of new technologies, launches, pop-culture and current events in real-time.
- Go above and beyond simply making recommendations; play an active role in the constant improvement and assessment of campaign strategies.
- Coach and update employees on changes in marketing/advertising industry, including but not limited to digital marketing, e-commerce marketing, technology and web development.
- Assist Business Intelligence team by engaging in briefings and helping flesh out reports.
- Review market and competitor data to uncover market opportunities and address business issues.
- Conduct competitive research and analyze benchmarking data.
- Advise other agency functions (digital, copy, creatives, etc.) as the knowledge owner for industry, competitor, and overall consumer data.
- Work with other departments for campaign strategy and optimization.
- Manage time and resources effectively to meet strict deadlines and projects
- Establish solid communication amongst all stakeholders for full understanding of clients’ needs
- Manage all project tasks via ClickUp
- Continuously improve internal processes relating to report delivery and client recommendations
- Drive a culture of ‘always on’ data driven decision making that will institutionalize the use of consumer-driven analytics in media / marketing planning.
- Scope and direct strategy/research projects to ensure that the deliverables are designed to answer valuable client and media team questions, and that timelines and scope are adhered to.
- Manage the storage and organization of all client data and reports in corresponding Google Drive folders.
- Ensure the security of all data collected from and on behalf of the client.
- Ensure proper permissions on all files.
- Actively participate in strategy / creative ideation for clients / pitches / projects
- Participate in pitch presentations, demonstrating an ability to derive deep and meaningful strategic insights from intensive market research.
- Have a consultative approach with clients and offer value added services to further clients’ business goals
- Explain the unique campaign development process behind each pitch in a way that is simple, story-driven, and reflective of both client and consumer needs.
- Have productive and effective relationships with people at every level of the business.
- Passionate about the constant pursuit of knowledge, and the practical application of that knowledge.
- Wants to know how people tick.
- Proficient in marketing research and basic statistical analysis; data literacy required.
- Excellent critical thinking, comprehension, and synthesis skills; business acumen preferred
- Proven ability in handling concurrent projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to make inferences based on both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Extremely organized, especially with digital collaboration tools such as Google Drive and Asana
- Must be a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Digital Marketing, Advertising, Creative, Technology, and general advertising industry knowledge a plus
- Adept with Google Suite products, especially Google Sheets
Apply for this position